Friday, March 1, 2013

What this is all about, more or less

"Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one and they all stink."

In case you don't know me, I'm a card-carrying, life-member of the NRA.  I believe that the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects the individual's right not the right of government to dictate who has the right to own firearms.

I am not pro-Obama but I do not either identify myself with the Republicans.  I'm more of a Libertarian in my political leanings.  I am staunchly independent and I disagree with some of each of the prevailing parties.

I'm going to use this platform to 'preserve' some of my views and obviously valuable opinions for as long as the internet lasts.  


I am of the opinion that it is only a woman's and her chosen doctor's right to determine if a pregnancy needs to be terminated.  I would hope that my relationship was strong enough that if it were my SO or daughter that my input would be consulted.

I could care less about same-sex marriages.  Except for the glee that it would no longer be easy for 'those' couples to split up and they'd have to fatten lawyer's coffers like 'regular' married people have had to do for so many years.  In point of fact, I do think it would be a much better situation as someone with a legal partner could provide more support and help make decisions when emergency situations arise.  I also think that insurance companies, etc. should not be allowed to treat 'those' couples any differently than 'regular' couples.

I am a strong supporter of the U.S. military personnel and thankful for the jobs they do.  I wish that I had served but I'm proud that my son is.  It's a long story.

I believe that the government should live within its means without going back to the taxpayer again and again.  Corporations do not pay their fair share.  I propose that business tax should be flat based on all income by a company with no deductions for anything.  If a business cannot run without special handouts, and tax breaks are a taxpayer handout, then it has no business surviving.  Corporations and businesses should have NONE of the individual rights guaranteed by the Constitution.  As has been said elsewhere, "I'll believe that a company should have rights after Texas has executed one."

One of my favorite blogs is this one: http://timbryce.com/.  His observations resonate with my values.

No comments:

Post a Comment